L.A. Care Medicare Plus (HMO D-SNP) members have access to a $150 quarterly (every 3 months) allowance to spend on over-the-counter (OTC) health items. The $150 quarterly allowance is loaded on your Mastercard® Prepaid Card every three months.
Use your Mastercard® Prepaid Card to buy items in-store. You can use it at Albertsons, CVS, Food-4-Less, Ralphs, Walgreens, Walmart, and more. You can also order by phone at 1-833-571-7587 (TTY: 711), or go online at LACare.NationsBenefits.com. Your unused benefit allowance does not roll over to the next quarter, and all benefits expire on December 31, 2023.
Choose from thousands of OTC products
Your $150 quarterly (every 3 months) allowance can be used to buy the following types of approved OTC health products:
- Allergy, sinus, cold and flu, pain relief
- Dental and oral health
- Diabetes care
- Digestive health
- Eye and ear care
- First aid
- Skin and foot care
- Sleep aids
- Smoking cessation
- Supports, braces and wraps
- Vitamins and supplements
Shop approved products at the LACare.NationsBenefits website. You can also look through the L.A. Care Medicare Plus (HMO D-SNP) catalogue.
To get started
Activate your allowance card to use it. Start by calling 833-571-7587 (TTY: 711) or visit the activation website. Your account number is the 16-digit number on the card.
L.A. Care Medicare Plus (HMO D-SNP) Plan Members received their card early this year. New members will get the card in the mail about 2 to 3 weeks after the coverage start date. If you do not get your card, call L.A. Care at 1-833-LAC.DSNP (1-833-522-3767) (TTY: 711).
Having the MyBenefits app on your mobile phone helps a lot! View your account balance and transactions. You can also check if a product is approved while you’re shopping in-store. Download the free app in the App Store® or Google Play™.
Please call us if you need help or more info:
• L.A. Care Medicare Plus (HMO D-SNP): 1-833-LAC-DSNP (1-833-522-3767) (TTY: 711)
• NationsOTC® 1-833-571-7587 (TTY: 711)
Your choice of five ways to shop
If this is your first time placing an order online, you will need to create an account by registering on the MyBenefits portal or the MyBenefits app. If you already created an account, simply log in, select your items and when ready click “Checkout.”
Order through the App
To place an order through the MyBenefits app, search “MyBenefits” in the App Store or Google Play.
If this is your first time placing an order online, you will need to create an account by registering on the MyBenefits portal or the MyBenefits app. If you already created an account, simply log in and select the items you would like to order. Once you’re ready to place your order, click “Checkout.”
Use your benefit at Albertsons, CVS, Food-4-Less, Ralphs, Walgreens, Walmart, and more. Having the MyBenefits mobile app makes it easy. Use the app to scan an item’s bar code and see if it is an approved product.
To place an order by mail, send your completed order form using the postage-paid envelope to:
1801 NW 66th Avenue, Suite 100
Plantation, FL 33313
Please Note: Order forms should be mailed before the 20th of the month to ensure the order total is applied to the current benefit period. We encourage you to place an order online or by phone if the end of your benefit period is approaching. Please do not send cash or checks in the mail.
Call for Delivery
To place an order by phone, please call 1-833-571-7587 (TTY: 711). Member Service Representatives are available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year.
L.A. Care Medicare Plus 2023 Catalog English
Important information about your allowance.
- All products purchased are subject to the retailers’ return/exchange policies.
- Retail location stores include Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, and other participating retailers.
- Online ordering is available only through LACare.NationsBenefits.com .
- Only approved products are covered. You are responsible for paying the amount of any purchases over the value on your card, and any non-approved items.
- Only the member who was issued the card can use it to make purchases.
- If your card is lost or stolen, request a replacement card online at LACare.NationsBenefits.com L.A. Care Medicare Plus (HMO D-SNP) or call 1-833-571-7587 (TTY: 711)..
- If your phone order is lost or stolen call Nations Benefit at 1-833-571-7587 (TTY: 711) with your order number.
- You can begin submitting orders once your coverage starts.
- Over-the-counter benefits are administered by Nations Benefit. All brands listed are trademarked by their respective manufacturers. Brands and item eligibility are subject to change.
- L.A. Care Medicare Plus (HMO D-SNP) is a health plan that contracts with both Medicare and Medi-Cal to provide benefits of both programs to enrollees.